What do I need to do after Lynda.com becomes LinkedIn Learning?
- On July 9, you will access LinkedIn Learning through lil.vcu.edu. The login link will not be active until July 9 and will require your VCU credentials to log in. In addition, all your data will be migrated automatically to the new platform.
- You will need to download the LinkedIn Learning app to replace the Lynda.com app.
Shared Links and Bookmarks
- If you have shared links to any courses, these will be redirected to a course in LinkedIn Learning for one year. You will need to provide a direct link to replace this after that time.
- If you have any Internet browser bookmarks pointing to a specific Lynda.com course, you will need to append the following to the end of the URL: ?org=vcu.edu
What changes will I see within LinkedIn Learning?
- Your "Playlists" will become "Collections."
- You will be able to take your learning history with you to other organizations that have LinkedIn Learning.
How do I use LinkedIn Learning?
- Learn about the new LinkedIn Learning features and improve your professional skills with LinkedIn Learning.
What happens if I connect my personal LinkedIn profile?
- Please keep in mind that you are not required to connect your personal LinkedIn profile to your UM account.
- UM will only see your LinkedIn profile photo. We will not have access to any other information from your LinkedIn profile. For more details please privacy information for LinkedIn Learning Learners.
- If you connect your personal LinkedIn profile, you will get: more prompts to engage in learning, with LinkedIn Learning recommendations appearing within your LinkedIn profile; more personalized content recommendations based on what your contacts and people with similar interests and roles are watching; and more insights into learning trends, what LinkedIn influencers and thought leaders are recommending.
Please review LinkedIn Learning's frequently asked questions (FAQs) for more information
For any additional assistance, please contact the VCU IT Support at (804) 828-2227 or email.